Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) answered:
1. How do I login to my Asus router?
You can login to your Asus router using www.router.asus.com web domain. Just type it in the address bar of any internet browser on the device that is connected to the router and press enter.
2. What is the default information of the Asus routers?
The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases for most of the Asus routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
3. What is the default IP address of the Asus routers?
The default IP address for most of the Asus routers is 192.168.1.1. Alternatively, the user can login using www.router.asus.com as well.
4. How can I update the firmware of my Asus router?
You can update the firmware on your Asus router by logging in to the router and going to the web based interface. The web based interface will notify the user if there is any firmware update is pending.
5. What is the Guest Network?
The Guest Network is an advanced feature which allows the user to create multiple networks other than the main network for any guests. This way, the user can share the internet with any guests without sharing their main network and its shared contents.
6. What are Parental Controls?
The Parental Control feature lets the user restrict or block any websites or inappropriate content on their network. This feature also lets the user limit the access to the internet on certain devices.
7. Can I leave my router on all the time?
Yes, you can leave your router on for as long as you like. It will not damage the router in any way.
8. What will happen if I reset my router?
If you choose to reset your router, the router will be restored back to its factory default settings. Take note that all the personalized settings of the user will get reset too.
9. How can I know which devices are connected to my network?
You can know the exact number of devices that are connected to your network with the help of the Network Map feature.
10. How can I change the default username and password for my Asus router?
You can login to the router using www.router.asus.com and then go on to change the default information of the router via the web based interface.